The process described below corresponds to the iOS mobile app. The process is quite similar with the Android app, only simpler as you won’t have to navigate between the Wi-Fi settings of your smartphone and the ADI OtoSense SMS app.
After logging in:
When deploying your ADI OtoSense SMS devices it is recommended to use the Network Validator tool in the ADI OtoSense SMS app, or a similar network tester, to ensure adequate signal strength where you deploy your ADI OtoSense SMS devices.
*Signal Strength indicator is only available in Android App
- Go to “Motors” tab on the bottom of the screen. If this is the very first time this account is being populated, tap on “Add a Location” to enter the first location where a device will be installed.
If locations have already been entered on this account, you will see these locations appear in a list. For installation of your new device, you can either choose a location in the list (and go directly to step 2) or create a new location by tapping on “Add location” in the top bar.
Enter the plant location where the device will be installed and tap “Add New Location” to create the new location.
- You can either choose a plant in the list (and go directly to step 3) or create a new plant by tapping on “Add a Plant”.
Enter the plant name and tap “Save”.
- Select the plant from the list. And tap the process in the list or “Add Process” in the top bar.
Enter the process name and tap “Save” and select the process from the list.
- And tap “Add Motor”.
- Insert the batteries in the device. It will generate a Wi-Fi network with the same numbering as the device, for example: SMS00000413A.
a. If the client’s plant connection is not enabled for any reason (client AP turned off, SSID/Wi-Fi network name or password changed, etc.) after the five minutes have elapsed, remove the batteries from the device so that you don’t drain them (after five minutes, the device will work in a more consuming mode). Make sure the plant’s Internet connection is in a working state before you re-insert the batteries and try the connection process again.
b. If for any reason you didn’t succeed in provisioning the device within the 5-minute timeframe, remove the batteries, wait for roughly 20 seconds, re-insert the batteries and start the process again.
6. Access your smartphone’s Wi-Fi settings and connect to the Wi-Fi network whose name starts with ‘SMS’. Wait until the blue tick appears to confirm that the connection with the SMS has been established. Then, return to the ADI OtoSense SMS app.
7. Once connected, tap ‘Next Step.’ The list of available Wi-Fi networks will appear. Select the appropriate option, enter the password and tap Save.
8. Once SMS is connected to the cloud via Wi-Fi, tap ‘Set up Motor Details’.
9. Fill in the motor’s details. Start by adding a photo of the motor and its nameplate.
10. Fill in the motor data
• Motor name (TAG): Identification of the motor
• Manufacturer: Enter manually if it does not appear on the list
• Rated Power (kW)
• Rated Voltage (V)
• Number of Poles
• Frequency (Hz)
• Efficiency level
A list with all the motor data is displayed. Confirm or edit as required.
|IEC Frame||NEMA Frame|
|225 S|| 444U
|315 S, 2p|
| 315 S,
|315 M, 2p|
| 315 M,
|355 S, 2p|
| 355 S,
|355 M, 2p|
| 355 M,
|355 L, 2p|
| 355 L,