Thank you for choosing Smart Motor Sensor (SMS) from Analog Devices. SMS is a device that performs predictive maintenance on low voltage electric motors.
The SMS solution consists of the following components:
• The Smart Motor Sensor device, or hardware
• Expert fault prediction software hosted on the OtoSense Server
• Mobile and web app: configuration and access to dashboard
- SMS works with:
- three-phase squirrel cage induction electric motors
- with frames up to 450 (IEC 600034) or 500 (NEMA MG1)
- whose power range varies from 0.37 kW to 500 kW, or 0,5 to 700HP
- driven directly to line (DOL), by frequency inverter (VFD), soft starter, star-triangle drive, or by any other driving device.
- SMS can be installed on both old and new motors, horizontal or vertical.
- Once the installation of the SMS on the motor and the configuration of the device (Wi-Fi Network Motor) are completed, the device starts sending data to the OtoSense cloud server, which requires a process of learning about the motor’s operation to be able to predict its faults. This process’ duration varies, depending on the motor’s operating conditions, but it usually takes approximately four weeks.
This manual acts as an installation and configuration guide for SMS.
It is composed of 3 sections:
- Quick start guide: provides you with a checklist to get ready, and a form to help you collect information on your motor.
- Detailed installation guide : provides more information about each aspect of the installation, from the network settings to the actual physical installation of the device.
- Tutorial videos
Read this manual carefully and perform the steps in sequence specified herein.